Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Playstation Plus is a Minus

Having trouble getting an image to load correctly in Blogger, so see this link please:

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2010/6/30/

Playstation Plus is a joke. Period. I see no redeemable quality to this. This is a good example of why Sony was once known for quality and customer service, and caring about their customers, and why now, and for the last few years, they have not been known for any of those things. Why should I pay $50 a year to get hour long demo's? To get discounts (probably not much of one) on games? To get themes for my PS3? The fact that games I get supposedly for free quit working if I am not a Plus member is stupid. Do they require a server check to see my subscription status? Or do they have a file in them that checks my end date? Most likely, they cannot be played unless I am signed in to my account. How will this work when this is done with DLC? So many problems, no real value. Cross game chat isn't there either, like Sony said it would be. I don't care much about that, but a lot do, so Sony has made a promise, and not kept it. at all. Sony makes good products, but they are in a sad state as far as customer service and common sense goes. Gripe all you want about paying for Xbox Live Gold, and gripe that you still play online for free on the PSN. As far as I am concerned, I'm still getting value for Gold, and not value for Plus, but in the end that's OK, because I get my value for free. Untill Sony breaks their promise and screws us over on that as well, which I see them doing soon. Imagine not having access to DLC or games unless you are Plus. IGN is doing a year long study to see if Plus is worth it, that will be interesting.

No comments: